ABB offers a wide range of flexible insulating laminates for dry-type transformers, both vacuum cast resin and open wound.
Due to increasing demands for enhanced transformer performance, insulation materials are subject to ever-greater electrical and thermal loads. ABB’s multi-layer flexible laminates - made from pressboard, polyester and polyamide films, polyester non-woven material or aramid papers - have high mechanical resistance and special surface properties.
Our various methods of combining the materials and optional coatings means we can tailor the insulation properties to suit every customer.
- More than 150 years of experience in insulation
- comprehensive range of insulation products for dry-type transformers
- Material excellence
- Global footprint
- Dry-type transformers
- Epoxy prepregs (B-stage coated) based on Dacron-Mylar-Dacron (DMD) / Nomex-Mylar-Nomex (NMN) laminates and Nomex 410
- DMD saturated for insulation class F (155 °C)
- NMN for insulation class H (180 °C)