High voltage AC and DC lead exits are special insulation systems used in large power transformers to lead conductors safely through the transformer tank walls from the windings to the bushing.
ABB has its own AC and DC high voltage lead exit system called Pucaro HaPusystem for transformers from 400 kV to 1,200 kV AC and DC.
Alternatively, ABB has many years of experience in tailoring AC and DC lead exit systems to customer drawings. We can produce them with multi-layer insulation or using the barrier construction method.
- More than 150 years of experience in insulation
- Material excellence
- Advanced technology to scan the quality of the pressboard
- Approved supplier to major utilities worldwide
- Global footprints
- Lead exit in the power transformer tank and turret
- Up to 1,200 kV AC
- High flexibility of the lead exit with up to five possible turns
- Angles up to ± 90 degrees possible
- No molded parts for barrier tubes needed
- Lay-out driven Pro E models reduce design time for transformer manufacturers and can be used for 3D-field calculation
- High production standardization guarantees shortest possible lead time
- Bushing shield can be adjusted up to 3 degrees in all directions
- The bushing shield uses all captive hardware to increase safety during assembly
- Pre-adjustment of the bushing shield enables simple onsite assembly of bushing shield and bushing
- Customized solutions for single-phased transformers are available on request