Unsurpassed simplicity, convenient accessibility and no requirements for special tools are the hallmarks of our conventional on-load tap-changers. ABB‘s customer-focused design philosophy has stood the test of time for more than 100 years and resulted in designs with fewer parts and lower maintenance costs. In addition to increased reliability, tap-changers with fewer parts allow for considerable reduction in size and cost.
ABB conventional on-load tap-changers are matched with trustworthy, rugged motor drives that are configurable to meet a wide range of environmental conditions and customer specifications.
- More than 100 years of tap-changer manufacturing experience in tap-changers
- High-quality materials ensure the longest lifetime
- Type-tested beyond international standards
- High reliability thanks to few parts and low complexity in design
- Easy maintenance
- Easy to upgrade from conventional to vacuum technology in existing installations