In the cable-operated tap-changers, the electrical part is separated from the mechanical part. The tap-changer comprises a cable operated mechanism outside the transformer tank, which makes connections to a selected tap of a winding inside the tank.
ABB COT de-energized tap-changers combine electrical and mechanical reliability with versatility of application and ease of connection to transformer tapping leads.
- High class material assure the longest lifetime
- Proven solutions with decades of successful field experience.
- Type tested beyond international standards
- High reliability by using few parts and low complexity in design
- Little to no maintenance
- Space saving designs
- Oil-filled three-phase distribution transformers
- Range: Um ≤ 36 kV, Ir ≤ 63 A
- Compliant with IEC standards