The 650 series covers a complete set of applications from transformer protection to busbar protection, line protection, breaker protection and bay control. With the introduction of version 2.1 of the 650 series, we further expand the application areas, enhancing the system functionality and flexibility.
Key system features such as support for a large number of Ethernet communication ports, HSR redundancy method, and precision time synchronization following the IEC/IEEE 61850-9-3 profile are introduced in this release. Process bus sampled values via IEC/UCA 61850-9-2LE are now supported in all products of the Relion® 650 series family.
New features and benefits
A number of new features are included in this release. The key features and their benefits are listed below:
- Increased set of back-up protection available in all products, including current, voltage and frequency protection.
- Up to four optical Ethernet ports, LC SFP connectors, that are completely configurable for any combination of protocols and in addition support IEC/UCA 61850-9-2LE and GOOSE are supported together.
- High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR) protocol for network redundancy is now available. The Ethernet ports of Relion® 650 series can be configured as single/PRP/HSR as required.
- Highly accuratecy and yet very cost effective time synchronization with Precision Time Protocol (PTP) according to IEC/IEEE 61850-9-3 profile.
- Higher Ingress Protection (IP) class on the IED casing and conformal coating of electronics contributing to overall reliability during its operating lifetime.
- The disturbance recorder in all products of Relion® 650 series version 2.2 now support 40 analog channels and 352 binary channels as standard. This enables the capture of a large amount of data for post fault analysis.
Externally type tested communication protocols (IEC 61850 Ed. 1 & Ed. 2, DNP 3.0 and IEC 60870-5-103) safeguards trouble-free system integration and operation of your protection and control investment.
PCM600 and IED Connectivity package for 650 series products version 2.2
PCM600 version 2.8 together with 650 series connectivity package version 2.2 will be required. The version 2.2 of the IED Connectivity package for Relion® 650 series supports 650 series version 2.2 products as well as earlier versions of the 650 series.
For further details about the connectivity package and its installation, please refer to the release note Release of IED Connectivity Package version 2.2 for Relion 650 series.
Documentation & marketing material
The product guides, technical manuals, technical summary sheets and brochures are available via abb.com/protection-control.
Ordering and delivery
The Relion® 650 series version 2.2 products can be ordered as of today. For current delivery time, please get in touch with our sales contact at ABB Grid Automation Products.
Please read all about the release in the Release note for 650 series version 2.2.
Global Product Manager
Grid Automation Products