We are pleased to announce the release of IED Connectivity Package version 1.0 for the Relion® SAM600-IO.
The SAM600 product family addresses the growing market of digital substations with IEC 61850 compatible merging units interfacing conventional current and voltage instrument transformers. With the introduction of Relion® SAM600-IO version 2.2, we further enhance the product family, specifically for interfacing primary apparatus, such as circuit breakers, disconnectors, earth switches and transformer tap changers to the IEC 61850 process bus directly from the switchyard.
Key system features, such as support for a large number of Ethernet communication ports, HSR and PRP redundancy methods, and precision time synchronization following the IEC/IEEE 61850-9-3 profile are available with this release.
New features and benefits
This version of the IED Connectivity Package for Relion® SAM600-IO enables the interaction between the Relion® SAM600-IO version 2.2 and the Protection and Control IED manager PCM600 version 2.8 or later.
The IED Connectivity Package enables handling of cyber security related information such as IED user management, reading of security events,
IEC 61850 Ed 2 support, centralized account management, certificate management, forcing of binary inputs and outputs, read of serial number and firmware version, configuration mode support, enhanced flexible product naming, extended Ethernet and protocol configuration, and easy GOOSE engineering from the Relion® SAM600-IO version 2.2.
The connectivity package enables support for the following new features in PCM600 version 2.8 and Relion® SAM600-IO version 2.2:
- Online/offline IED configuration comparison
- Composite function blocks
- Cyber security (secure communication to IEDs, security logs and user account management)
- Windows 8 and 10, with native 32-bit and 64-bit support
- Account management tool (support for centralized account management and certificate management)
- Support for PCM600 64-bit
- Batch read/write of configurations
- IED summary display provides summary of most important IED properties
- Complete read of IEC 61850 data from IED (including GOOSE)
- Synchronization of SNTP server addresses between SCL and PCM600
- Support for projects with IEDs that have flexible product naming enabled and IEDs with regular IEC 61850 data model.
- Easy configuration of the, up to six, Ethernet ports.
- Easy and simple protocol configuration for enhanced defense in depth protection.
- GOOSE engineering made efficient with the easy GOOSE engineering feature
- An easy way to configure routes for the TCP/IP protocols of the IED
For detailed information on what is new in the Relion® SAM600-IO version 2.2, please refer to the release page.
The IED Connectivity Package version 1.0 for Relion® SAM600-IO is compatible with, and supports, the following products:
- Relion® SAM600-IO version 2.2
- Protection and Control IED Manager PCM600 version 2.8 or later
For more information about this release please read the attached release note.
Global Product Manager
Grid Automation Products