The Relion® 650 series version 2.1, bring several new features and functional enhancements to the Relion® 650 series. The release contains REB/REC/REL/REQ/RET and the brand new RED650.
The 650 series covers a complete set of applications from transformer protection to busbar protection, line protection, breaker protection and bay control. With the introduction of version 2.1 of the 650 series, we further expand the application areas, enhancing the system functionality and flexibility. Key system features like support for central account management for integration with a centralized authentication infrastructure offers a secure and efficient solution for access control to the IEDs.
A number of new features are included in this release. The key features and their benefits are listed below:
The new distance protection known from the Relion® 670 series, now combines the Quadrilateral and Mho characteristics and can easily be adapted per zone and fault loop. Tests according to IEC 60255-121 show typical trip time to be 24 ms.
- First release of the Relion® 650 series with IEC 61850 Ed. 2.
- 6U ½ 19” form factor
- Support for Centralized Account Management (CAM) to enable easy deployment of users, access rights and certificates in the substation automation system. Together with ABB’s System Data Manager SDM600, it brings a powerful integration of the IEDs with access control and thereby increasing cyber security support for compliance to NERC CIP and IEC 62351-8.
- Flexible product naming enables the mapping of an IED-vendor independent IEC 61850 model to that of the 650 series. This helps easier deployment of the 650 series when utility defined IEC 61850 communication model is to be mapped to that of the 650 series model. This is effortlessly done in PCM600.
- Settings via IEC 61850 for line protection. This enables IEC 61850 clients to remote parameterize the IEDs in a standardized way.
- Forcing of binary inputs & outputs for efficient and fast testing and commissioning.
Read all about the release here
Global Product Manager
Grid Automation Products