Switchsync PWC600 is designed for single-pole operated circuit breakers, controlling each pole to close or open at the point on wave that is optimal for the switched load, the circuit breaker, or power quality.
Switchsync PWC600-M 1.0 controlled switching applications (essential switching operation in parentheses):
- Capacitor bank (energization)
- Shunt reactor (de-energization)
- Power transformer (controlled energization supported by controlled de-energization)
- Transmission line or power cable (energization)
New features and benefits
This version of the IED Connectivity Package (IED ConnPack) enables the interaction between the Switchsync™ PWC600 version 1.0 IEDs, which is based on Relion® 650 series version 1.3, and the Protection and control IED manager PCM600 version 2.5 or later.
IED ConnPack enables handling of cyber security related information such as IED user management and reading of security events from the Switchsync™ PWC600.
The supported feature includes
The new features included in SST are
- Switchsync Setting Tool (SST) – A wizard for the easy configuration of the PWC600-M application
- Support for multiple PCM600 2.x versions on the same computer
- Support for additional ABB circuit breaker models, for easy configuration
- Mechanical monitoring limits are defined as deviations from nominal circuit breaker timings
Note: While opening an existing IED in PCM600 project with this revision of the Connectivity package, the limits of mechanical supervision, which are part of circuit breaker data, will get updated. Therefore, it is highly recommended to take a backup of the project before opening SST, after this version of Connectivity package has been installed.
For detailed information on Switchsync™ PWC600 version 1.0 IED, please refer to the release note 1MRG013188 [internal only].
IED Connectivity Package Switchsync™ PWC600 version 22.214.171.124 is compatible with following:
- Switchsync™ PWC600 version 1.0 IEDs
- Protection and control IED manager PCM600 version 2.5 or later
Installation of this IED Connectivity Package
To install the IED ConnPack for Switchsync™ PWC600 please follow the instruction below:
- Ensure that PCM600 version 2.5 or later has been installed
- Install the IED Connectivity Package version 126.96.36.199 for Switchsync™ PWC600
- If not yet installed: Install the IED module for Switchsync™ PWC600 IED
Please note that this IED Connectivity Package must be installed to be able to interact with the Switchsync™ PWC600 IEDs via PCM600 tool.
Support for PCM600
The Connectivity Package for Switchsync™ PWC600 IEDs contains object types and methods for PCM600 tool, including SST and the circuit breaker library. The IED module for Switchsync™ PWC600 provides support for the following functionalities:
- Switchsync Setting
- Application configuration
- Parameter setting
- Signal matrix
- Graphical display editor
- Signal monitoring
- Disturbance handling
- Event viewer (process and security events)
- User Management
Known issues and limitations
There are known issues and limitations related to the new IED Connectivity Package. For more information please refer to the “IED Connectivity Package ver. 188.8.131.52 for PWC600 - Read Me” file, 1MRG023670.
For more information about this release please read the attached release note.
Global Product Manager
Grid Automation Products