Realizing the benefits of an advanced power system management requires the automation of local operations, and the collection, evaluation, and forwarding of data on the power system status and plant condition to higher-level systems. The SAS600 station level solutions provide remote control and monitoring functions for all kind of substations from distribution level to extra-high-voltage substations.
Station Level Solutions provide a central data base, HMI and gateway functionality at the substation level. The substation communication networks are part of the solution. It inter-connects and integrates the bay level intelligent electronic devices (bay control and protection devices) using the well proven IEC 61850 standard. They are easy to use and to adapt to customer specific requirements.
ABB’s scalable modular systems reflect the typical needs and availability aspects for the following range of applications:
- Power transmission, sub-transmission and distribution substations
- Infrastructure: Railway, metro, airports
- Bulk renewable energy: Wind, solar, hydro power plants
- Smart grids
- New installations and refurbishment of existing substations
- Gas and air isolated switchgear