This mixed-technology switchgear reduces substation footprint by up to 50 percent and offers a dependable and cost-efficient solution for new installations and extensions as well as rehabilitation projects.
Our in-depth knowledge of the power value chain, as well as grid codes and utility practices in use around the world, enable us to provide turnkey solutions and engineered packages to utility, commercial and industrial customers across a wide range of applications.
- ABB has delivered hybrid switchgear substations since the late 1990’s, and in 2000 pioneered the Disconnector Circuit Breaker (DCB), integrating the disconnecting function in the breaking chamber of the circuit breaker
- Proven, state-of-the-art equipment up to 1,100 kV
- Pre-assembled and pre-tested units shorten on-site installation time
- Complete in-house system integration capabilities
- Fast project implementation with reduced interfaces and lower risks ensured through single-source responsibility
- Assurance of high quality, health, safety and environmental standards
- Power quality solutions including FACTS, capacitor banks, harmonic filters, phase shifting transformers, energy storage systems, etc.
- Optimized solutions for high performance, efficiency, flexibility, reliability and low life-cycle cost
- Smart grid-ready IEC 61850 substation automation systems enabling truly enterprise-wide data integration for efficient power system management