ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Operating in more than 100 countries, we embed Health, Safety, Environment, Security and Sustainability (HSE/SA) into all aspects of our business and we are committed to achieving excellence and continuous improvement while doing so. In particular, Safety is one of our core values, a bedrock of our organization and central to our operations and services.
We are dedicated to putting HSE/SA at the center of all our activities, including materials sourcing,
product design, operations and service. In addition to fulfilling our compliance obligations:
- We seek to eliminate HSE/SA risks, incidents and near misses, and work related illness.
- We strive to minimize pollution and support efforts to combat climate change.
- We improve our HSE/SA performance in all operations, throughout the life cycle of our products and services, our value chain and the communities in which we operate.
- We promote a “don’t look the other way” culture to raise awareness, ownership and actions with regard to all HSE/SA risks and opportunities.
To realize global leadership in our HSE/SA performance, we have implemented a robust and comprehensive HSE/SA Management System based on internationally recognized sustainability standards, principles and commitments including ISO 45001 and ISO 14001:
- The ABB Way HSE/SA defines our HSE/SA policy, organization and standards to meet our objectives. It is reviewed regularly to ensure it consistently embodies our values, vision and strategic direction.
- ABB & You defines our individual roles & responsibilities and secures the necessary resources for the implementation and maintenance of the HSE/SA Management System.
- Planning & Risk Analysis identifies the HSE/SA requirements, risks & opportunities and sets ambitious objectives.
- Competence, Communication & Support strengthens ABB stakeholders by providing training, encouraging participation and communicating relevant HSE/SA information.
- Operations specify adequate risk controls and manage change.
- Monitoring & Measurement assesses the status of operations and objectives and drives priorities and performance.
- Learning from Experience ensures that we share good practices and guarantee our continuous HSE/SA improvement.
We recognize HSE/SA as a foundation to drive our future success and we pledge to take the steps necessary to ensure the safety of those who work for or with ABB.