ABB is a leading global engineering company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a
more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion
portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence
stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 105,000 talented employees in over 100
countries. We embed health, safety, environment, energy efficiency and security into all aspects of our business,
and we are committed to achieving excellence and continuous improvement while doing so.
We are committed to putting HSE and Security at the heart of all our activities, including materials sourcing,
product design, operations and services. In addition to fulfilling our compliance obligations to legal and other
requirements, we commit to:
- Provide safe and healthy working condition for the prevention of incidents and work-related illness.
- Protect and prevent undesired effects on the environment, increase resource efficiency, including energy, water,
materials, and support efforts to combat climate change.
- Ensure the availability of information and invest to achieve our objectives and targets
- With being a learning organization promote a “don't look the other way” culture to raise awareness and
ownership, reporting unsafe behaviors, engage employees and recognizing good practices.
To realize global leadership, we have implemented an HSE and Security management System based on internationally
recognized standards, principles and commitments:
- The HSE/SA governance defines our policy, organization and standards to meet our objectives. We
update these items regularly to ensure that our governance consistently embodies our values and strategic
- ABB & you defines our individual roles and responsibilities and secures the necessary resources for the implementation and maintenance.
- Planning & risk analysis identifies opportunities to eliminate hazards, and to reduce risks and adverse impacts.
- Competence, communication & support: We will provide training, information and support to ensure good participation and consultation of colleagues for ideas and effectiveness of our programs.
- Operations specify adequate risk controls and manage change.
- Monitoring & measurement assesses the status of operations and objectives and drives priorities and performance.
- Learning from experience ensures that we share good practices and support continuous improvement of our performance.
We recognize HSE and Security as a foundation to drive our future success, and we pledge to take the steps necessary to ensure the safety of those who work for or with ABB.