Our pioneering technology places us at the heart of the future of railways
ABB wants to shape and sustain the future of railways. By providing a comprehensive portfolio of products, systems (from the grid to the wheel) service and software solutions (from physical to digital), we enable stronger, smarter and greener rail transportation
Today’s rail industry is under pressure from all directions:
- Urbanization demands greater capacity – more passengers, more rolling stock, more freight.
- Operators want to reduce costs by reducing unnecessary time-based maintenance.
- Customers and regulators are insisting on higher-quality service and greater reliability than ever before.
- Installation costs to replace aging equipment are high – getting the most from equipment is essential.
- Operators need to capture mission-critical organizational knowledge for long-term success.
For more than a century, ABB’s expertise and technology have been central to move people and freight across nations and continents, and today we continue to be a leading source of new developments in rail.
It is our role as a frontrunner to serve the rail industry and support our customers by delivering safe, reliable and energy-efficient solutions for their trains and for their electrification projects but also to maintain and optimize their assets to know more, do more, and do better together.