An ideal candidate should demonstrate the following characteristics in order to perform the duties required of a field service engineer.
- Work ethic
- Technical prowess
Technical capacity can be acquired through education and/or on the job training and/or real world experience. Candidates should be capable of managing personal commitments with extensive business travel or on call availability for particular sites. In return you will be rewarded with an exciting, dynamic, and rewarding career.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will never be bored and will always have a variety of tasks to learn and work to become competent. The limit of your growth in this industry is limited by you and you alone.
1. Associate’s Degree in engineering or related field, or a special combination of education, experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments
2. Having a background in military service, prior technical training, or a background in an electrical work, computers, instrumentation, or process control is useful
3. Must be willing to relocate
4. Must be open to extensive business travel
5. Must have a clear driving record
6. Must be eligible to work in the US