In the preceding twelve (12) months, ABB has not sold any of your collected Personal Information. ABB has only provided/disclosed this Personal Information for the Business Purpose listed above and only to those categories of third-parties listed above.
We only collect the personal information from you that we need for the above purposes. We may also anonymize your personal information, so it no longer identifies you and use it for various purposes, including the improvement of our services and testing our IT systems. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice and obtaining any required consents.
ABB does not sell any personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
II. Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
As a CCPA Consumer, you shall have the right to request that ABB delete any personal information about you that ABB has collected from you subject to certain exceptions provided under the CCPA (this right is not currently extended to job applicants, employees, officers or directors of ABB and business-to-business contacts communicating with ABB when conducting business with ABB (unless opting out of a sale).
Requesting to be forgotten from ABB systems may interfere with ABB’s ability to provide products and/or services and;
The deletion right does not apply if ABB needs the personal information:
- to complete the transaction or provide a good or service requested by the consumer for which the business collected the personal information or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer;
- to detect or prevent security incidents or illegal activity;
- to identify and correct errors that impair existing functionality;
- to exercise a legal right or ensuring another consumer can exercise his/her legal right;
- to comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- to engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest if deletion of the personal information is likely to make the research impossible or seriously impair it;
- solely for internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business;
- to comply with a legal obligation; or
- for lawful internal uses that are compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the personal information to the business.
D. Instructions for Submitting a Consumer Request
Consumers shall submit Requests utilizing the same channels and as stated above in Section I. A
E. Verification of Consumer Requests
Verifications of Consumer Requests will be done utilizing the same methodology as stated above in Section I. A.
In addition, all requests to delete shall involve two steps: 1) where consumer makes formal request to delete and 2) where consumer separately confirms that they want their personal information deleted.
III. Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Information
As a consumer under the CCPA, you have the right, at any time, to direct ABB to not sell your personal information. This is referred to as the right to “opt-out.” As noted above, per ABB Policy, ABB does not sell any personal information therefore, an opt out option is not required.
IV. Right to Receive Service on Equal Terms
Under the CCPA, ABB shall not discriminate against you as a Consumer for exercising
any CCPA consumer rights, including, but not limited to:
- denying goods or services to the Consumer
- charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer and;
- suggesting that the consumer will receive a different level or quality of goods or services.
V. Right to appoint an Authorized Agent
Where a consumer wishes to use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete, ABB shall require that the consumer:
1. provide the authorized agent written permission to do so; and
2. verify their own identity directly with ABB
VI. Contact for More Information
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights or get further information regarding ABB’s personal information practices as they relate to the CCPA, please contact the following toll-free number:
1-800-435-7365 Option 0 (working on operationalizing)
Alternatively, you can submit requests directly www.abb.com/privacy. Please follow the link for CA Consumers.
Additionally, ABB is part of a global company operating in many different countries. If you have any questions not answered in this Policy concerning how we use your personal information, or wish to raise a complaint regarding how we may have handled your personal information, you may also contact the ABB Group’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VII. How We Protect Your Data?
ABB has in place reasonable security procedures and practices to help protect personal information from being breached.
You may obtain a copy of the safeguards which ABB companies globally use to protect your personal information by visiting www.abb.com/privacy.
January 1, 2020
Please click on the preview below to download and print this document.