ABB’s large exhibition (booth # 10425) will showcase some of its latest technology innovations, with a particular focus on “enabling a digital grid” as part of the new ABB Ability™ platform.
ABB Ability is a unified, cross-industry digital capability, extending from edge to cloud, bringing together all of ABB’s digital products and services with devices, systems, solutions, services and a platform supporting most ABB T&D equipment and enabling utilities to know more and execute better than ever. ABB Ability is the platform bringing together more than 40 years of experience connecting software and digital capabilities to devices, equipment, and systems.
- Digital Enterprise – ABB Digital Enterprise takes connected asset lifecycle management to a new level, crossing disparate systems like you've never seen before. With single-point access to assets, systems, analytics, business process and the workforce, you have the ability to quickly weigh risk, cost, impact and safety to make better decision and take action on the spot.
- Grid control of the future – ABB Ability Network Manager X provides operators with a unified view of the whole electrical network, and advanced network applications for enhanced situational awareness.
- Grid edge solution – ABB Ability™ e-mesh™ portfolio of products integrate grid edge devices, enable digitization of distributed energy resources using cloud-based applications to maximize energy efficiency and your investment – whatever the scale of your enterprise.
- Transformers – Discover the world’s first digital distribution transformer for liquid-filled units – the TXpert™ ; ABB’s Dry-type transformer with winding varistors for distribution switching; and the Micropole distribution transformer for small isolated load applications.
- Digital substation deploying key ABB Ability-based technologies – These digital technologies are a key element of next-generation grids. Touch-screen displays will provide a behind-the-scenes look at recent innovations, including digital communications through fiber-optic cables replacing copper, which can maximize efficiency, reliability and safety, while reducing cost, risk and environmental impact.
- High voltage capacitor banks – ABBACUS Metal Enclosed Capacitor Banks (MECB) from ABB provide a modular, compact and safe solution for medium voltage power factor correction, voltage support and harmonic mitigation.
- Advanced VVMS – As complexities in the distribution system continue to increase, advanced monitoring and automation can ensure optimum reactive power, and voltage profiles are achieved, thus reducing customer challenges real and reactive power losses, and real power demand during peak demand periods or anytime.
- Active harmonic filters – Harmonics are electric noise pollution and a real challenge in today’s electrical systems. ABB will present various harmonic mitigation solutions and real-time live demonstrations.
- Tru-break switchgear modules – The new Tru-Break solid dielectric molded vacuum switchgear module from Thomas & Betts Elastimold®is submersible with a view port so users can verify that circuits are truly open and isolated in solid dielectric switchgear.