Exclusive training opportunity
Grid resiliency & reliable power solutions through automation seminar
Monday, August 29, 2016 - prior to PAC World Americas
ABB will be hosting a free seminar and tour of its Smart Grid Center of Excellence prior to PAC World Americas, on Monday, August 29, 2016
The seminar will focus on core technologies for the evolving digital world and the integration of these technologies for the improving grid reliability and resiliency. The seminar will take place at the Marriott City Center Hotel (connected to the Raleigh Convention Center). Transportation will be provided to the optional tour of ABB's Smart Grid Center of Excellence.
Please note: Lunch will be provided for both tour participants and those not attending the tour.
- 11:00 - 1:00 p.m. Smart Grid Center of Excellence tour (Optional)
- 1:30 - 2:00 p.m. Communications: wireless to fiber technology
- 2:00 - 2:45 p.m. NCIT Sensors: medium to high voltage technology
- 2:45 - 3:15 p.m. Digital switchgear: integration & automation
- 3:15 - 3:30 p.m. Break
- 3:30 - 4:00 p.m. Smart grid applications: Case studies in grid applications for reliable power
- 4:00 - 4:30 p.m. Microgrid: resiliency applications
- 4:30 - 5:15 p.m. Digital substations: Case studies in digital evolution & cyber security
- 5:15 - 5:30 p.m. Wrap up Q & A
ABB Smart Grid Center of Excellence
1021 Main Campus Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
Located on Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University, our mission is to provide customers with the most proven integrated smart grid solutions for distribution automation.
If attending the tour, shuttles will depart from the Marriott City Center (Right outside the main lobby in the traffic circle) at 10:30 a.m. You may drive separately if you wish. Shuttles will return to the Marriott City Center concluding the tour in time for the seminar.