ABB UniGear R switchboards are constructed by positioning single-phase air insulated cubicles side by side. Circuit breaker panels house withdrawable vacuum single-phase circuit breaker intended for railway power supply.
UniGear R switchgear panels comply with the standards and specifications for factory assembled, metal-clad and type tested high voltage switchgears to IEC publications 60298 and 60694.
Every cubicle is divided into various compartments both for power equipment (Bus-bar, circuit breaker, cable compartment) and for auxiliaries (low voltage compartment, wiring ducts for interconnections), which are segregated by metal partitions. This design ensures personal and equipment safety in case of internal arc-fault.
With regards to internal arc, supported by a type tests carried out according to IEC 62271-200, the panel is classified LSC2B, IAC AFLR 25 kA, 1s (50 HZ) and IAC AFLR 40 kA, 0.5 s (16.7 Hz).
- Easy to adapt and integrate to suit various customer requirements
- Highest level of protection for personnel as well as equipment
- No SF6 gas, reducing the risk of human error, easy installation and limited HV testing required during the commissioning phase
- Maintenance free components, maintenance and service of circuit breakers without shutdown
- Highest reliability of supply, long lasting and durable