The ABB Corporate Research Center in Poland is located in the city of Krakow. Krakow has a long tradition of academic excellence with its numerous universities, research institutes and other scientific organizations.
Our focus areas include:
- Power electronics
- Electronics and embedded systems
- Development of medium- and high-voltage products
- Hybrid switching applications
- Multiphysics numerical simulations
- Applications of new materials and nanotechnology
- Manufacturability and manufacturing
- Power networks and systems
- Substation automation and distribution automation systems
- Condition monitoring and diagnostics
- Industrial software development
We collaborate with leading universities around the world, including Imperial College, AGH University of Science & Technology in Kraków, Jagiellonian University in Kraków, the Polish Academy of Sciences in Kraków, the University of Technology in Kraków, the Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice, the University of Technology in Warsaw and the University of Technology in Wroclaw.