ACS880-204LC - liquid-cooled IGBT supply units
Capture and utilize braking energy in common DC bus drive systems, or support off-grid electricity distribution
By capturing and utilizing the braking energy, significant energy saving can be achieved. With ACS880-204LC’s regenerative functionality the braking energy is fed back to the network so that it can be utilized by other equipment. Built on our all-compatible architecture these liquid-cooled IGBT supply units are used in a common DC bus drive system to convert three-phase AC voltage to DC voltage.
The ACS880-204LC is a modulating and fully controlled, active IGBT supply unit. Equipped with low harmonic LCL filters, the unit produces exceptionally low harmonic content and exceeds the requirements of even the most stringent harmonic recommendations. By managing and controlling harmonics, the unit reaches unity power factor. The line current is sinusoidal, and the DC voltage is constant.
The unit can boost output DC voltage to guarantee full voltage to inverters and thereby full motor voltage, even when the supply voltage is below nominal or during voltage dips. The supply unit also offers the possibility for network power factor correction to compensate for low power factors of equipment connected to the same network.
The IGBT supply unit can be equipped with Optimal Grid Control functionality to be used as a grid converter. The grid converter can be used to produce an island AC grid, or off-grid. It is also possible to use grid converters in parallel with generators to support the operation of a distributed power system. The grid converter produces sinusoidal three-phase AC voltages from the DC link voltage of the system. AC voltage magnitude and frequency can be defined by the user. A grid converter can be used in e.g. marine applications, where ordinary power grid connection is not available.
The supply unit / grid converter consists of liquid-cooled LCL line filters and IGBT supply modules, which are hardware compatible with the ACS880-104LC inverter modules.
- Built on ABB's common drives architecture
- Possibility to regenerate 100% of the power continuously
- Total harmonic distortion typically <3% in a nominal situation and undisturbed network
- Support for Optimal Grid Control, i.e. grid converter
- 3-phase module, which can be parallel connected for higher powers
- Wide power range: 430 to 3502/6944 kVA / 690V with one module frame size (R8i)
- Extremely compact module design with unique power density
- Intuitive control panel with USB port
- Supports a wide range of fieldbus protocols and I/O options
- Fast maintenance, easy serviceability
- Extensive selection of mechanical and electrical installation accessories