ACS880-204LC - liquid-cooled IGBT supply units
Capture and utilize braking energy in common DC bus drive systems
By capturing and utilizing the braking energy significant energy saving can be achieved. With ACS880-204LC’s regenerative functionality the braking energy is fed back to the network so that it can be utilized by other equipment. Built on our all-compatible architecture these liquid-cooled IGBT supply units are used in common DC bus drive system to convert three-phase AC voltage to DC voltage.
Equipped with an active IGBT supply and low harmonic LCL filters, the unit produces exceptionally low harmonic content and exceeds the requirements of even the most stringent harmonic recommendations. By managing and controlling harmonics, the unit reaches unity power factor.
The unit is able to boost output voltage to guarantee full motor voltage even when the supply voltage is below nominal. The supply unit also offers the possibility for network power factor correction to compensate for low power factors of equipment connected to the same network.
The IGBT supply unit can be equipped with Optimal Grid Control functionality and it can work as a grid converter. A grid converter is used to produce an island AC grid.
The unit consists of liquid-cooled LCL line filters and IGBT supply modules, which are hardware compatible with the ACS880-104LC inverter modules.
- Wide power range: 430 to 3502 kVA
- Built on ABB's common drives architecture
- Extremely compact module design with high power density
- Possibility to regenerate 100% of the power continuously
- Total harmonic distortion typically <3% in nominal situation and undisturbed network
- Support for optimal grid control, i.e. grid converter
- Intuitive control panel with USB port
- Supports a wide range of fieldbus protocols and I/O options
- Fast maintenance, easy serviceability
- Extensive selection of mechanical and electrical accessories