History Embedded Data Collector is a node in History architecture, which is responsible for data buffering of raw OPC data. History Embedded Data Collector stores the raw data in the real time database, which is a part of Data Collector Node.
The raw data is stored in the real time database for seven days in the Data Collector Node, which is sent to History server.
The following are the features of History Embedded Data Collector:
• It can be configured to execute in pairs.
• It provides interfaces for data access.
• It is very simple to install and has a fixed data model for storage based on purpose.
• It can be embedded in other applications.
• The engineering is driven from History server in the History architecture.