Contactors and motor protection for railway applications
Our products can be installed in any environment including passenger or driver cabins, for main or urban line trains, underground trains or trams circulating frequently in tunnels or underground passages. Manual motor starters, contactors, overload relays and contactor relays are used in a wide variety of rolling stock applications.
- Simplify your installation thanks to compact solution and modular frame size
- Reduce train energy consumption with lighter devices increasing passenger capacity and less coil energy consumption improving power management.
- Optimize your logistics and stocks
- Protect persons and equipment with products specifically designed to meet the latest rolling stock requirements
- Secure uptime thanks to AF technology, handle the large voltage fluctuation to battery use
- Reduce maintenance costs, downtimes and make troubleshooting easier with real motor protection.
- 3 and 4-pole contactors up to 200 kW / 400 V - AC-3, 300 hp / 480 V, up to 600 V AC-1
- 4 and 8-pole contactor relays
- Starters protection by manual motor starters up to 30 kW and overload relays up to 18.5 kW
- Meet all rolling stock standards: EN / IEC 60077-1/2 and EN 50155 for applicable parts, EN / IEC 61373 cat.1 class B, fire and smoke European standards EN 45545-2 (HL2 or HL3)
- Compliant with RoHS directives
- ABB has IRIS certification (International Railway Industry Standard).