REB611 is used in high-impedance-based applications within utility substations and industrial power systems. In addition, this protection relay can be utilized in restricted earth-fault and residual earth-fault applications for the protection of generators, motors, transformers and reactors. REB611 is available in one standard configuration.
Once the application-specific parameters have been entered, the installed relay is ready to be put into service. Additionally, communication functionality and interoperability between substation automation devices offered by the IEC 61850 standard adds flexibility and value to both electrical system operators and manufacturers.
REB611 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and its 611 series.
- Busbar and ideal multi-purpose backup protection
- Powerful and user-friendly web browser-based human machine interface (HMI) including input/output (I/O) matrix with visual selections
- Application-specific standard configuration resulting in shorter relay setup and commissioning time
- Support for IEC 61850, edition 1 and 2, including binary GOOSE messaging
- Pre-configured solutions for utility distribution and industrial applications