REV615 is a dedicated capacitor bank protection and control relay for protection, control, measurement and supervision of capacitor banks used for compensation of reactive power in utility and industrial power distribution systems.
REV615 has been designed to be the main protection for H-bridge, double Y and single Y-connected capacitor banks and feeder cables. Additionally, REV615 can be used to protect harmonic filter circuits when no significant harmonic component is higher than the 11th. REV615 is available in two standard configurations, one of which has been preconfigured for H-bridge connected capacitor banks and has a three-phase unbalance protection, whereas the other has been preconfigured for double Y-connected capacitor banks and has a single-current unbalance protection.
REV615 fully supports the IEC 61850 standard for communication and interoperability of substation automation devices, including IEC 61850-9-2 LE, and can now also benefit from the extended interoperability provided by Edition 2. REV615 further supports both the parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) and the high-availability seamless redundancy (HSR) protocol, together with the DNP3, IEC 60870-5-103 and Modbus® protocols. With the protocol adapter SPA-ZC 302, Profibus DPV1 can also be used.
REV615 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 615 protection and control series of relays.
- Withdrawable plug-in unit design for swift installation and testing
- Extensive range of protection and control functionality for H-bridge, double Y and single Y-connected capacitor banks and feeder cables as well as for harmonic filter circuits
- Ready-made standard configurations for fast and easy setup with tailoring capabilities
- Current-based unbalance protection with compensation for natural unbalance as well as current-based switching resonance protection for capacitor banks.
- IEC 61850 Edition 2 and Edition 1 support, including HSR and PRP, GOOSE messaging and IEC 61850-9-2 LE for less wiring and supervised communication
- IEEE 1588 V2 for high-accuracy time synchronization and maximum benefit of substation-level Ethernet communication
- Large graphical display for showing customizable SLDs, accessible either locally or through a web browser-based HMI