REF601 is a dedicated feeder protection and control relay intended for the protection and control of utility and industrial power systems in primary and secondary distribution networks. The relay provides an optimized composition of protection, monitoring and control functionality in one unit, with the best performance and usability in its class.
Besides the conventional current transformer interface based variant, the relay also supports a variant based on Rogowski current sensors’ analog interface. This helps to obtain a compact medium voltage switchgear equipment size reduction with improved performance and standardization.
- Main protection for overhead lines and cable feeders in solidly earthed, resistance-earthed or isolated networks
- Inrush current stabilization function for distribution transformers
- Compact, flexible and simple to handle
- Speedy commissioning through selective test function for protection functions, binary signals and communication features
- Easily configurable binary inputs and outputs
- Extensive self-supervision of the relay hardware and software
- Enhanced safety with usage of sensors variant / detachable terminals with CT shorting facility
- Press fit mounting arrangement facilitates easy and fast installation
- Overcurrent, earth-fault, phase-discontinuity, negative-phase sequence and thermal-overload protections, inrush current detection, circuit-breaker control, reclosing and measurement
- Preconfigured functionality facilitates easy and fast commissioning
- Universal power supply 24-265 V AC/DC
- Configurable binary inputs/outputs using local HMI or communication interface
- Specific variant with site selectable CT selection (1 or 5A), Boolean logic and timers
- Site selectable Modbus and IEC 60870-5-103 protocols