REF601 is a dedicated feeder protection and control relay intended for the protection and control of utility and industrial power systems, in primary and secondary distribution networks. REF601 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 605 product series.
The relay provides an optimized composition of protection, monitoring and control functionality in one unit, with the best performance usability in its class.
REF601 provides main protection for overhead lines and cable feeders of distribution and subdistribution networks. Further, inrush current stabilisation function allows the relay to be used as main protection of distribution transformers.
Alternate to conventional current transformer, the relay has a Rogowski current sensors variant which helps to obtain equipment size reduction, performance improvement and better standardization in compact MV switchgear.
REF601 supports MODBUS RTU and IEC 60870-5-103 communication over two wire RS485.
Universal power supply 24-265 V AC/DC
- Press fit mounting arrangement facilitates easy and fast installation
- Detachable terminals with CT shorting facility
- Site selectable MODBUS RTU and IEC60870-5-103 protocol
- Compact and flexible.
- Simple to handle and ready to use.
- Commissioning speeds up by selective test function for Protection functions, Binary signals and communication features.
- Extensive self-supervision of the relay hardware and software.