REF630 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 630 protection and control series. The 630 series relays are characterized by functional scalability and flexible configurability. REF630 has been designed to be the main protection for overhead lines and cable feeders, in either isolated neutral, resistance-earthed, compensated or effectively earthed distribution networks.
There are four pre-defined configurations, designed to match the most typical feeder protection and control requirements and intended for open/closed ring feeder applications, radial overhead/mixed line feeder applications, ring/meshed feeder applications and bus sectionalizers. The pre-defined configurations can be used as such or easily tailored to application-specific requirements with freely selectable functions.
REF630 can be used in either single or double-busbar applications with one or two breakers and numerous switching devices. It also supports a substantial number of both manually and motor-operated disconnectors and earthing switches. REF630 can therefore be used to control various types of switchgears.
REF630 fully supports the IEC 61850 standard for communication in substations and covers both vertical and horizontal communication, including GOOSE messaging with both binary and analog signals. REF630 also supports the DNP3 (TCP/IP) and IEC 60870-5-103 (serial) communication protocols. The supported communication protocols, including IEC 61850, offer seamless connectivity to various station automation and SCADA systems.
- Flexible feeder protection relay for overhead lines and cable feeders
- Distance protection, fault locator, overcurrent protection and an extensive earth-fault protection with unique multifrequency admittance-based protection for higher sensitivity and selectivity
- Control of two circuit breakers and a total of eight disconnectors and earthing switches
- Freely configurable functionality to meet application-specific requirements
- Large integrated or detached HMI