REM601 is a dedicated motor protection relay, intended for the protection of medium voltage and low voltage asynchronous motors in manufacturing and process industry. REM601 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 605 product series.
The relay provides an optimized composition of protection, monitoring and control functionality in one
unit, with the best performance usability in its class.
REM601 offers pre-configured functionality which facilitates easy and fast commissioning of switchgear. The standard signal configuration of relay can be altered by relay LHMI. The relay can be used with both circuit-breaker and contactor-controlled motor drives.
Alternate to conventional current transformer, the relay has a Rogowski current sensors variant which helps to obtain equipment size reduction, performance improvement and better standardization in compact MV switchgear.
REM601 supports MODBUS RTU and IEC 60870-5-103 communication over two wire RS485.
- Universal power supply 24-265 V AC/DC
- Press fit mounting arrangement facilitates easy and fast installation
- Detachable terminals with CT shorting facility
- Site selectable MODBUS RTU and IEC60870-5-103 protocol
- Compact and flexible
- Simple to handle and ready to use
- Easily configurable binary inputs and outputs
- Extensive self-supervision of the relay hardware and software