REM615 is a dedicated motor protection and control relay for protection, control, measurement and supervision of asynchronous motors in the manufacturing and process industry. REM615 is available in four standard configurations and typically used with circuit-breaker and contactor-controlled MV motors and medium-sized and large contactor-controlled LV motors in a variety of drives. The drives include both continuously and intermittently operated asynchronous motor drives with varying load, such as pumps and conveyors, crushers and choppers, mixers and agitators, fans and aerators.
REM615 fully supports the IEC 61850 standard for communication and interoperability of substation automation devices, including IEC 61850-9-2 LE, and can now also benefit from the extended interoperability provided by Edition 2. REM615 further supports both the parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) and the high-availability seamless redundancy (HSR) protocol, together with the DNP3, IEC 60870-5-103 and Modbus® protocols. With the protocol adapter SPA-ZC 302, Profibus DPV1 can also be used.
REM615 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 615 protection and control series of relays.
- Withdrawable plug-in unit design for swift installation and testing
- Motor protection both during motor start-up and normal run, with protection and fault clearance also in abnormal situations
- Ready-made standard configurations for fast and easy setup with tailoring capabilities
- Motor protection with motor start-up and loss of load supervision as well as thermal overload, motor load jam and phase-reversal protection, either with sensors or conventional instrument transformers
- IEC 61850 Edition 2 and Edition 1 support, including HSR and PRP, GOOSE messaging and IEC 61850-9-2 LE for less wiring and supervised communication
- IEEE 1588 V2 for high-accuracy time synchronization and maximum benefit of substation-level Ethernet communication
- Large graphical display for showing customizable SLDs, accessible either locally or through a web browser-based HMI