REM620 is a dedicated motor management relay for protection, control, measurement and supervision of medium-sized and large asynchronous motors requiring differential protection, and now also synchronous motors, in the manufacturing and process industry. Also support for sensor-based phase current and voltage measurement is introduced, specifically intended for basic motor applications.
The motor management relay is typically used with medium-sized and large circuit-breaker or contactor-controlled MV motors and contactor-controlled LV motors in a variety of drives. The drives include both continuously and intermittently operated motor drives with varying load, such as pumps and conveyors, crushers and choppers, mixers and agitators, fans and aerators.
REM620 fully supports the IEC 61850 standard for communication and interoperability of substation automation devices, including fast GOOSE messaging and now also IEC 61850-9-2 LE process bus and Edition 2, offering substantial benefits in terms of extended interoperability. REM620 further supports both the parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) and the high-availability seamless redundancy (HSR) protocol, together with the DNP3, IEC 60870-5-103 and Modbus® protocols. With the protocol adapter SPA-ZC 302, Profibus DVP1 can also be used.
REM620 is a member of ABB’s Relion product family and part of its 620 protection and control series of relays.
- Withdrawable plug-in unit design for swift installation and testing
- Motor protection both during motor start-up and normal run, with protection and fault clearance also in abnormal situations – either with sensors or conventional instrument transformers
- Extensive motor protection for medium-sized and large asynchronous and synchronous motors requiring differential protection – with conventional instrument transformers
- Extensive motor supervision capabilities via RTD and mA measurements
- IEC 61850 Edition 2 and Edition 1 support, including HSR and PRP, GOOSE messaging and IEC 61850-9-2 LE for less wiring and supervised communication
- IEEE 1588 V2 for high-accuracy time synchronization and maximum benefit of substation-level Ethernet communication
- Large graphical display for showing customizable SLDs, accessible either locally or through a web browser-based HMI