RET615 is a dedicated transformer protection and control relay for protection, control, measurement and supervision of power transformers, unit and step-up transformers, including power generator-transformer blocks, in utility and industrial power distribution systems.
RET615 offers eight standard configurations to match the most commonly employed power transformer vector groups, and to coordinate the applied transformer neutral earthing principle with the relevant earth-fault protection scheme. The standard configurations are intended for either power transformers with earthed HV-side neutrals or with effectively earthed LV-side neutrals, alternatively with a neutral earthing resistor on the LV-side. There is also a choice between either low or high-impedance restricted earth-fault (REF) protection.
RET615 fully supports the IEC 61850 standard for communication and interoperability of substation automation devices, including IEC 61850-9-2 LE, and can now also benefit from the extended interoperability provided by Edition 2. RET615 further supports both the parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) and the high-availability seamless redundancy (HSR) protocol, together with the DNP3, IEC 60870-5-103 and Modbus® protocols. With the protocol adapter SPA-ZC 302, Profibus DPV1 can also be used.
RET615 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 615 protection and control series of relays
- Withdrawable plug-in unit design for swift installation and testing
- Extensive range of protection and control functionality for two-winding power transformers, including advanced and fast differential protection with high inrush stability
- Ready-made standard configurations – matching the most commonly employed vector groups – for fast and easy setup with tailoring capabilities
- Support for various neutral earthing options, matching either high-impedance or numerical low-impedance restricted earth-fault principles
- IEC 61850 Edition 2 and Edition 1 support, including HSR and PRP, GOOSE messaging and IEC 61850-9-2 LE for less wiring and supervised communication
- IEEE 1588 V2 for high-accuracy time synchronization and maximum benefit of substation-level Ethernet communication
- Large graphical display for showing customizable SLDs, accessible either locally or through a web browser-based HMI