REU615 is a voltage protection and control relay for voltage and frequency-based protection in utility and industrial power distribution systems, including networks with distributed power generation. REU615 is also ideal for voltage regulation.
The REU615 relay is available in two standard configurations, one of which has been exclusively designed for busbar under- and overvoltage supervision, load-shedding (disconnection) and restoration (reconnection) applications. It can also be used for over- and underfrequency protection of power generators and other AC equipment such as capacitor banks. In generator and motor applications, REU615 provides supplementary protection by detecting any deviation from the permitted frequency and voltage values. An integrated synchro-check function ensures a safe connection of the equipment to the network.
The other of the two standard configurations has been exclusively designed for automatic and manual voltage regulation of power transformers with a motor-driven on-load tap-changer. In small substations with a single power transformer and in substations with two or more power transformers operating in parallel, REU615 can be used for load-side voltage regulation. The standard configuration also includes protection functionality.
REU615 fully supports the IEC 61850 standard for communication and interoperability of substation automation devices, including IEC 61850-9-2 LE, and can now also benefit from the extended interoperability provided by Edition 2. REU615 further supports both the parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) and the high-availability seamless redundancy (HSR) protocol, together with the DNP3, IEC 60870-5-103 and Modbus® protocols. With the protocol adapter SPA-ZC 302, Profibus DPV1 can also be used.
REU615 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 615 protection and control series of relays.
- Withdrawable plug-in unit design for swift installation and testing
- Extensive range of protection and control functionality for busbar voltage supervision, load-shedding and restoration, including over- and underfrequency protection for power generators and other AC equipment
- Ready-made standard configurations for fast and easy setup with tailoring capabilities
- Automatic voltage regulation of power transformers with a motor-driven on-load tap-changer
- IEC 61850 Edition 2 and Edition 1 support, including HSR and PRP, GOOSE messaging and IEC 61850-9-2 LE for less wiring and supervised communication
- IEEE 1588 V2 for high-accuracy time synchronization and maximum benefit of substation-level Ethernet communication
- Large graphical display for showing customizable SLDs, accessible either locally or through a web browser-based HMI