Nutricia selects ABB for good understanding of specialised nutrition manufacturing requirements to implement efficient, convenient and safe operation of the process by System 800xA automation system
Innovetive advanced medical nutrition company
Many diseases and conditions can be addressed with specialised nutrition as a complement to drug therapy, either directly or because nutritional support helps patients to find the strength they need to battle their condition.
Nutricia belongs to the international food company Danone and is specialized in advanced medical nutrition. It is focussed exclusively on research-based scientifically-proven nutrition, developed to meet the needs of patients and individuals for whom a normal diet is not sufficient or possible.
New operating system implementation
In 2005, the operating system for Nutricias production plant in Zoetermeer, Netherlands, was changed to System 800xA, ABB’s automation system for the process industry. Several parties had worked closely together to implement a modern, more open solution and also to make the production more efficient.
The premise of the project was mainly focused on three things:
- Fast implementation
- Robust system with minimum unplanned stops
- Operation with access to all necessary functions without customizing the software
What the customer liked the most about the control system:
- Efficient, convenient and safe operation of the process
- Different user rights and user authentication is provided
- Changes are recorded to trace which changes have been done and by whom
- FDA and VWA requirements are met