SMCBs are circuit-breakers for overload and short-circuit protection in electrical installations. They offer total selectivity to downstream miniature circuit-breakers and outstanding selectivity to upstream protective devices due to unique current-limiting selectivity.
SMCBs are suitable for the protection of distribution circuits and offer the ideal solution in any energy distribution system with maximum availability requirements, like data centers, hospitals, office buildings, etc.
Since SMCBs are designed for overvoltage category IV and incorporate isolation function, they are predestinated for the use in any main distribution cabinet or meter board as main protecting and isolating device. ABB SMCBs are line-independent without any connection to an external power supply or to a Neutral conductor.
- Total selectivity to downstream miniature circuit-breaker,
- Outstanding selectivity to upstream protective devices due to unique current limiting selectivity,
- For use as main isolating device.
- Separate product ranges for DIN rail mounting or direct busbar mounting,
- Available in all common pole variants (1p, 2p., 3p, 4p) and also as 3pole block with single pole tripping,
- Tripping characteristics Eselective and Kselective,
- Relevant product standards: VDE 0641-21, IEC/EN 60947-2, GB 24350.