Augmented reality bringing ABB expertise and knowledge when and where you need it
Remote Assistance for electrical systems (RAISE) is a service remotely provided that enables ABB Experts to guide field operators, placing augmented reality (AR) instructions into their field of view, sharing images, videos and documents on their own devices such as smartphones, tablets or supported wearables.
This solution enables ABB Experts to guide customer activities remotely through accurate actions, enabling the delivery of a quick solution to our customers to improve productivity of business operations.
Key benefits of RAISE:
- Enables flexible, easy, fast real-time remote support, connecting a Field Operator with an ABB Expert, thereby reducing time to resolution and optimizing maintenance through existing resources.
- It also allows to improve safety, as the Field Operator is guided by the ABB Expert, as well as the productivity and reliability of the electrical system.
- Facilitates to identify problem source quickly and know the right repair actions by collaborating with experts remotely
- Improves first time fix rate thanks to the prior knowledge of conditions on site
- Reduces costs related to ABB Experts on site interventions as well as CO2 emissions through a reduction in required air/road travel
- Provides an intuitive and user-friendly solution
- The solution’s technology facilitates collaboration and interaction between ABB Experts and customers by improving the support experience through:
- Augmented reality, dynamic and static
- Audio and video sharing
- Chats with an individual or a group of experts, with real-time language translation
- Picture and file sharing
- Camera’s built-in zooming function directly activated by the ABB Expert
- Flexible device options for remote support:
- Smartphone or tablets