The Is-limiter can be used in various applications providing a very high and fast fault-current breaking capability at high operating currents.
The most common applications are the connection of two independent systems, bypassing or replacing of a current limiting reactor, and connecting additional power sources (ie, generator or grid connection).
The Is-limiter can be designed for more complex applications when one-directional short-circuit limitation (ie, interfacing of public networks and consumer owned power supply systems) or short-circuit protection for specific parts of the system (ie. inhibiting operation for faults in the transmission system) is required. Beyond that, many more customized solutions are available
- High adjustability and flexibility to adapt to system changes.
- Protection concept optimized by extended tripping criteria providing high accuracy to avoid unnecessary tripping.
- Project-related detailed engineering tailored to customer needs.
- For individual solutions that fullfill the highest requirements of critical applications like achieving Tier 4 availability level for data centers.
- Detailed consultation and system integration support for our Is-limiter solutions.
- Selective fault-current limitation in complex systems with several interconnected Is-limiters.
- Available as individual component and fully type-tested switchgear covering low and medium voltage ratings up to 40.5 kV, 5,000 A and 210 kA rms breaking capability.
- Implementation of the project-specific setting values for the instantaneous current and rate of current rise (di/dt).