Wireless communication solutions utilizing public cellular networks offer users a cost-effective and secure platform for substation automation, condition monitoring, remote maintenance and easy access to remote locations. The solution is fully application independent, meaning that any type of remote application can be connected to any central application. For utilities, these remote applications can be e.g. pole-top equipment or ring main units. The central application in turn is typically a supervisory, control and data acquisition system (SCADA). In addition, special applications can be built to comply with user requirements.
A complete communication system consists of Arctic gateways and a central ARM600 M2M Gateway. A completed system offers secure VPN tunnels from the central location to the remote Arctic 600 series gateways.
ARM600 includes condition monitoring to supervise the connections and it informs the user of any disruptions. Also statistical information e.g. the network usage, speed and uptime are included. ARM600 offers remote management including e.g. remote Arctic gateway firmware mass updates and automatic backups of Arctic gateway configurations.
With the solution’s routing capabilities, it is possible to connect entire Local Area Networks (LAN) together. For example, a network in a remote substation can be connected to the company internal network.
- Wireless communication system
- Wide range of applications for utilities and industry
- Application-independent, reliable and cost-effective communication systems
- Access to and easy management of a wide range of field devices from the control room (SCADA and Tools)
- Secure access through internet
- Secure wireless access via mobile network to substations, compact secondary substations and control cabinets
- Battery charge and condition monitoring
- Protocol conversions
- Industrial grade hardware
- Wide operational temperature range