Not active product since 2009
The bus connection module RER 117 acts as an interface unit between Echelon’s PC-Card and a fibre optic LONWORK bus.
Principle of Operation
The bus connection module RER 117 converts incoming optical signals from the LONWORKS bus to electrical signals for the PCC-10 card and vice versa. RER 117 is connected to the PCC-10 card by using a cable and a D-type sub miniature connector. LONWORKS networks can be installed, maintenanced and monitored with a laptop, RER 117, PCC-10 card and a network management program, e.g. Lon Network Tool.
RER 117 functions is a bus connection module for a fibre optic LONWORKS interface. The device includes a cable and a bus connection module. RER 117 is optimised for the speed of 1,250 Mbit/s. RER 117 module supports collision detection.
RER 117 does not work as a standalone device. Echelon’s PC-card (type PCC-10 Network Adapter) and a laptop are always required.
- Interface unit between Echelon’s PC-Card and a fibre optic LONWORK bus
- Enables use of fast optic communication
- Converts incoming optical signals from the LONWORKS® bus to electrical signals
- Separate versions for plastic and glass fibre optic cables
- D-type miniature connector for connecting to the PC-Card
- Optimized for the speed of 1,250 Mbit/s