Not active product since 2009
The directional earth-fault relay SPAS 120 C is used for selective feeder earth-fault protection in isolated neutral and impedance earthed networks. The relay is especially useful in networks, where the operation characteristic of the earth-fault relay must be remotely controllable.
The directional earth-fault relay can also be used for the earth-fault protection of power generators and large motors.
- Directional earth-fault protection
- Keeping the network healthy as well as protecting generator and motor assets
- The directional earth-fault relay can also be used for the earth-fault protection of power generators and large motors.
- Two-stage directional earth-fault relay for distribution networks
- Directional low-set earth-fault stage with definite time characteristic
- Directional high-set earth-fault stage with instantaneous operation or definite time characteristic
- Operation direction of the high-set earth-fault stage either the same as that of the low-set stage, or the opposite
- Output relay functions to be freely configured by the user
- Flexible adaptation of the relay to different applications
- Digital display of settings, measured quantities, recorded fault values, etc.
- Extensive two-way data communication via fibre-optic serial bus
- Continuous self-supervision of hardware and software including auto-diagnosis