Not active product since 2005
The integrated feeder terminals SPAC 538 C and SPAC 638 C are used as cubicle-oriented feeder protection and control units in the power distribution system. Besides protection, control and measurement functions the terminals incorporate the communication capabilities needed for the control of the feeder cubicle. Connection to higher-level power system control and monitoring equipment is facilitated by the serial interface of the terminal.
The feeder terminals can be used in a variety of substations with single and double busbar systems and with different circuit breaker and disconnector configurations. The directional feeder terminals are primarily used in applications requiring both directional overcurrent protection and directional earth-fault protection, for instance parallel feeders between substations.
The feeder terminal is available in two mechanical designs. Type SPAC 538 C is housed in a 19 inch subrack, height 3U, and type SPAC 638 C is housed in a half of a full width 19 inch subrack, height 6U. The functional properties are identical.
- Feeder terminal with directional overcurrent and short-circuit protection directional earth-fault protection, auto-reclosing and feeder cubicle control
- Multi-functional protection functions
- Complete feeder terminal with directional overcurrent and short-circuit protection directional earth-fault protection, auto-reclosing and feeder cubicle control
- Three-phase, three-stage directional overcurrent protection
- Directional earth-fault protection with low-set stage and high-set stage
- Field-configurable status indication and feeder level interlocking logic
- Local and remote status indication of seven objects and local or remote control of six objects
- Continuous self-supervision of relay hardware and software for enhanced system reliability and availability
- Member of the SPACOM product family and ABB’s Substation Automation system