Not active product since 2020
COM600S is a versatile substation automation and data management unit. Together with protection and control relays and other communication devices, it enables smart solutions for utility or industrial medium voltage distribution substations. COM600S performs the combined role of a user interface, a communication gateway and an automation platform, running real and non-real time applications, in a single physical unit to facilitate substation operations, data management and analytics.
The COM600S unit accommodates web technology-based functionality, which provides access to substation devices and processes via a web browser-based human machine interface (WebHMI). All standard substation monitoring and control aspects can be handled using the WebHMI.
- Versatile, all-in-one unit which is a human-machine interface, communication gateway and automation platform
- Ensures efficiency of the substation network and operations
- User level and operational security to ensure operational reliability
- Easy to add substation automation functionality to existing protection and control installations
- Supports redundant configuration for ABB Ability™ smart substation control and protection for electrical systems, SSC600
- Web-browser-based human machine interface (HMI) for access to substation devices and processes with disturbance file handling, historian and IEC 61850 traffic monitoring capability
- Seamless connectivity between substation devices and external higher-level systems like control centers or distributed control system (DCS) using IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5, DNP3, Modbus or OPC-based protocols; acts as an IEC 61850 proxy for legacy devices
- Runs substation analytic functions and facilitates soft-wiring (GOOSE) monitoring
- Facilitates development of customized substation automation tasks based on IEC 61131-3 standard
- Compact, robust design, ruggedized mechanics with no moving parts, well adapted for harsh environments; high performance multi-core processor computer based on Windows facilitating cyber-security.