ABB Ability™ Smart Substation Control and Protection for electrical systems SSC600 centralizes all protection and control functionality into one single device on distribution substation level for minimal engineering, station-wide visibility and optimal process management. Combining SSC600 with merging units creates an IEC 61850-compliant centralized protection and control solution. The modular software can be flexibly modified for the entire lifetime of the digital substation and allows SSC600 to change with the evolving grid. SSC600 builds on ABB’s solid and proven technological foundation manifested in the renowned Relion® protection and control family of relays.
SSC600 functionality is also available as a virtualized product, SSC600 SW, which enables customers to use the hardware of their choice and gain access to the same proven protection and control functionality as with the turnkey solution.
- Centralized protection and control
- Centralized protection and control in one single device for reduced network complexity
- Easy and efficient process management with station-wide process visibility
- Extensive application coverage with one device for flexibility and optimal cost-effectiveness
- Fully modular software for maximum flexibility throughout the substation’s entire life cycle
- Fast, easy and cost-effective substation system upgrade with centralized protection and control solution for changing network protection requirements
- Designed to support the increasing digitalization of substations
- Easy-to-use, cybersecure fleet management with ADAM
- IEC 61850-compliant communication and interoperability between substation automation devices
- Centralized protection and control in one single device for up to 30 feeder, motor and transformer bays
- Comprehensive Web HMI (human-machine interface) including station-wide HMI functionalities
- Disturbance recordings for the entire substation
- IEC 61850-3-certified with inbuilt redundancy and self-supervision
- Extensive digital services throughout the substations entire lifecycle