We are pleased to announce the release of new functionality for the all-in-one protection and control relay REX640, designed to support the digitalization of substations and thereby a variety of digital switchgear solutions. REX640 is ready to protect any asset in advanced power generation and distribution applications and covers the full range of utility and industrial applications. Its modular design allows lifelong readiness to easily adapt when protection requirements change and so does the continuous and easy access to software and hardware developments.
REX640 now supports the remote communication protocol IEC 60870-5-104 for power system automation, in addition to the already wide variety of supported protocols. IEC 60870-5-104 allows easy and direct connection to an upper-level system such as SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) without a gateway. To further improve cyber security, REX640 introduces secure communication for the IEC 60870-5-104 and DNP3 protocols according to the IEC 62351 standard.
To facilitate the mapping of the relay’s IEC 61850 data model to that of the customer, REX640 now offers flexible product naming (FPN). FPN conveniently allows customers to use a standardized data model in their SCADA system, irrespective of the relay vendor and the vendor-specific data model.
Also new is the support for receiving simulated GOOSE messages, which facilitates the testing of digitalized protection and control schemes in substations. The ability to receive simulated GOOSE messages supports periodical testing, where normally one feeder at the time is subject to testing while the other feeders remain in operation.
There is also a newly released BIO-tester – BIO-Tester Relion® REX640 – that has been specifically developed for testing the binary inputs and outputs of REX640. This easy-to-use and compact tester can be used both for simulation during the design of the application configuration, including troubleshooting, as well as for routine maintenance and testing.
- Support for IEC 60870-5-104 for power system automation
- Secure communication for IEC 60870-5-104 and DNP3 according to the IEC 62351 standard for improved cyber security
- Flexible Product Naming for easy mapping of the relay’s IEC 61850 data model to that of the customer
- Support for receiving simulated GOOSE messages for easy testing of digitalized protection and control schemes in substations
- Autosyncronization wizard – tool for automatic creation of GOOSE connections within the complete autosynchronization solution
- Additions to relay accessories:
- Shielded loop sensor (blind) extensions for limiting the arc detection area and preventing accidental operation for up to 2 meters from the relay
- Mounting kits intended for 19’’ racks for mounting both relay and LHMI, with provision for installing an RTXP 24 test switch (test switch is not included in the delivery): 7U (rack unit) and 6U (rack unit) mainly intended for retrofit installations
- Complete application coverage with one device for optimal flexibility and cost-effectiveness
- Ready-made application packages for convenient and smooth ordering
- Customization freedom with modular and scalable design
- Fully modular hardware and software for maximum flexibility throughout the entire relay life cycle
- Easy adaption to changing protection requirements
- Continuous access to the latest software and hardware developments
- Ready-made application-based LHMI pages – saving both time and efforts
- Increased situational awareness and optimal usability with application-driven LHMI
- Designed to support the increasing digitalization of substations
REX640 is targeted at the global market for medium-voltage protection and control applications (IEC, CN and ANSI).
REX640 LHMI is available in English, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, Italian, French and Finnish.
Two release webinars will be held on Thursday, 19 March to introduce the new functionality, one at 10:00-11:00 (EET) and another at 15:00-16:00 (EET). The speaker will be Olli Rintamäki, product line manager for REX640. For more information and registration, please follow the links below:
Morning session @ 10:00-11:00 (EET)
Afternoon session @15:00-16:00 (EET)