We are pleased to announce the release of a new version of The relay explorer RXplore mobile application.
RXplore is designed for operators and site engineers to improve the ease-of-use and increase productivity, at site, during maintenance of protection relays. The app enables a secure connection to the ABB cloud and to selected ABB protection and control relays and ABB monitoring and diagnostic devices. RXplore supports downloading data from ABB’s cloud service as well as visualization, parameterization and sharing fault information at site.
RXplore connects to either the site wireless network (Wi-Fi) that has ABB devices on same network or with the ABB cloud to fetch operative data to execute the functionalities offered by RXplore. RXplore is never connected with site Wi-Fi and ABB cloud at the same time, thus ensuring that the site network is never exposed to outside network. RXplore can scan the pre-defined network range to identify supported ABB products or alternatively it can also connect with and operate a single relay.
The relay explorer RXplore mobile application
Supported operating systems
- Android 8.0 or later
- iOS 13.0 or later
- Relion® 615 series IEC, version 3.0 or later
- Relion® 620 series IEC, version 2.0 or later
- Relion® REX640
- ABB Ability™ Condition Monitoring for switchgear – SWICOM
- Easy and secure connection to ABB’s Relion® protection and control relays and ABB’s monitoring and diagnostic devices
- Easy to use and intuitive user interface for improved operation efficiency
- Continued and easy availability of service
- No need to carry a laptop to perform simple operations to the relay
- Easy sharing of IED events and fault information via email
- Efficient and easy scan of a network to discover supported ABB products in the lineup
- Secure connection to the relay to perform limited operations
- Change settings/ parameters of selected relay
- Read and share fault information from the relay
- Read, view and share events from the relay
- Connect to ABB Ability™ Condition Monitoring for switchgear (SWICOM).
- Demo mode to quickly get an overview of the functionalities offered by RXplore.
The latest version of RXplore is targeted at the global IEC market for selected ABB Relion protection and control relays as well as ABB's SWICOM condition monitoring device.
Google Play (Android)
App Store (iOS)
RXplore can be installed after downloading the mobile application to the mobile device.
RXplore is available in English. Additional language support will be announced later.
- With certain mobile operating system versions, users might observe delays while executing some operations with RXplore. It is recommended to use latest version of the operating system (Android or iOS).
- Parameter setting of hardware modules is not supported by RXplore.