We are pleased to announce the release of a new version of The relay explorer RXplore mobile application.
RXplore is designed for operators and site engineers to improve the ease-of-use and increase productivity, at site, during maintenance of protection relays. The app enables a secure connection to the ABB cloud and to selected ABB protection and control relays and ABB monitoring and diagnostic devices. RXplore supports downloading data from ABB’s cloud service as well as visualization, parameterization and sharing events and fault information at site.
RXplore connects to either the site wireless network (Wi-Fi) that has ABB devices on same network or with the ABB cloud to fetch operative data to execute the functionalities offered by RXplore. RXplore is never connected with site Wi-Fi and ABB cloud at the same time, thus ensuring that the site network is never exposed to outside network. RXplore can scan the pre-defined network range to identify supported ABB products or alternatively it can also connect with and operate a single protection relay or a Monitoring and Diagnostic device.
The relay explorer RXplore mobile application
Supported operating systems
- Android 9.0 or later
- iOS 13.0 or later
- Relion® 615 series IEC, version 3.0 or later
- Relion® 620 series IEC, version 2.0 or later
- Relion® REC615, version 2.0 or later
- Relion® RER615, version 2.0 or later
- Relion® REX640, PCL1, PCL2, PCL3
- ABB Ability™ Condition Monitoring for switchgear - SWICOM
- IEC indoor vacuum circuit breaker VD4 evo
- Easy and secure connection to ABB’s Relion® protection and control relays and ABB’s monitoring and diagnostic devices
- Easy to use and intuitive user interface for improved operation efficiency
- Continued and easy availability of service
- No need to carry a laptop to perform simple operations to the relay
- Easy sharing of IED events and fault information via email
- Available in multiple languages on top of default language English
- Efficient and easy scan of a network to discover supported ABB products in the lineup
- Secure connection to the relay to perform limited operations
- Connect and operate the supported relay via any wired LAN to Wi-Fi adapter
- Connect and operate the supported relay with a connecting LAN cable and appropriate adapter in between to completely avoid any wireless connection between RXplore and the supported relay
- Update firmware of supported relays
- View firmware map of the line-up to update the set up with the latest firmware updates.
- Change settings/ parameters of the selected relay
- Read and share fault information from the relay
- Read, view and share events from the relay
- Check circuit breaker condition
- View SLD and operate breaker, disconnector and earthing switch for the supported relays
- View momentary actual values of monitored signals
- Connect to ABB Ability™ Condition Monitoring for switchgear (SWICOM)
- Connect to IEC indoor vacuum circuit breaker VD4 evo
- Demo mode to quickly get an overview of the functionalities offered by RXplore
The latest version of RXplore is targeted at the global IEC market for selected ABB Relion protection and control relays as well as ABB's SWICOM condition monitoring device.
Google Play (Android)
App Store (iOS)
RXplore can be installed after downloading the mobile application to the mobile device.
RXplore is available in English (default), Chinese, French, German, Russian and Turkish. Additional language support will be announced later.
- With certain mobile operating system versions, users might observe delays while executing some operations with RXplore. It is recommended to use latest version of the operating system (Android or iOS).
- Parameter setting of hardware modules is not supported by RXplore
- The following functionality is not supported for REX640:
- Firmware update
- Measurements view
- View SLD and control functionality
- Direct cable connectivity is not supported for iOS devices
- Connection to VD4 evo Web HMI is not supported for Android devices.