We are pleased to announce the release of feature pack 4, which introduces new functionality for ABB Ability™ Smart Substation Control and Protection for electrical systems SSC600 and the new product, SSC600 SW.
ABB is launching the first virtualized protection and control solution with Smart Substation Control and Protection SSC600 SW. The virtualized product enables customers to use the hardware of their choice and gain access to same proven protection and control functionality as with ABB’s turnkey solution.
Further enhancements in feature pack 4 include:
- Re-developed user interface, which greatly improves visualization, helping you to perform the right actions with ease. To ensure robustness, the core components behind the user interface have been replaced with new technology.
- The disturbance recorder function can now support longer recording times and offers more storage space for the recordings.
- Fuse failure supervision for increased robustness. This function is used to block the voltage measuring functions when a failure occurs in the secondary circuits between the voltage
transformer and merging unit.
- Protection for shunt capacitor banks.
- Support for simulation as defined in the IEC 61850 standard. By using simulation in combination with modern testing tools, it’s possible to receive generated measurements, without interfering with the normal process. This makes new flexible solutions for periodical testing of the
protection functionality possible.
- Smart substation control and protection SSC600
- Smart substation control and protection SSC600 SW
- Centralized protection and control in one single device for reduced network complexity
- Easy and efficient process management with station-wide process visibility
- Extensive application coverage with one device for flexibility and optimal
- Ready-made application packages for convenient and smooth ordering
- Fully modular software for maximum flexibility throughout the substation’s entire life cycle
- Easy adaption to changing network protection requirements
- Continuous access to the latest software and hardware developments
- Fast, easy and cost-effective substation system upgrade with centralized protection and control solution
- Designed to support the increasing digitalization of substations
- Same IEC 61850-compliant setting and configuration tool – PCM600 – as for the Relion® family of protection relays
- Combined with merging units, SSC600 offers a unique, IEC 61850-compliant, centralized protection and control solution
- IEC 61850-compliant communication and interoperability between substation automation devices
- Centralized protection and control in one single device for the entire substation
- Capability to protect and control up to 30 bays
- Protection functionality for feeder, motor and transformer applications
- Comprehensive Web HMI (human-machine interface) including station-wide HMI functionalities
- Disturbance recordings for the entire substation
- IEC 61850-3-certified with inbuilt redundancy and self-supervision
- Continuous access to the latest software developments with software maintenance agreement
SSC600 / SSC600 SW target the global market for medium-voltage protection and control applications.
SSC600 / SSC600 SW are available in English. Additional languages will be announced later.