REM601 is a dedicated motor relay designed for the protection and control of medium-voltage and low-voltage asynchronous motors in the manufacturing and process industry. The relay provides an optimized composition of protection, monitoring and control functionality in one unit, with the best performance usability in its class.
The relay’s standard signal configuration can be altered from its local user interface (LHMI). The relay can be used with both circuit-breaker and contactor-controlled motor drives.
Besides the conventional current transformer interface based variant, the relay also supports a variant based on Rogowski current sensors’ analog interface. This helps to obtain a compact medium voltage switchgear equipment size reduction with improved performance and standardization.
- Asynchronous motor protection
- Compact and flexible
- Simple to handle and ready to use
- Easily configurable binary inputs and outputs
- Extensive self-supervision of the relay hardware and software
- Facilitates easy and fast commissioning of switchgear
- Enhanced safety with usage of sensors variant
- Used for three-phase motors with conventional contactor or circuit-breaker controlled motor drives
- Thermal overload, short circuit, start-up supervision, negative-phase sequence, loss of phase, locked rotor during running, sensitive earth fault, loss of load and circuit breaker failure protections
- Circuit breaker control
- Preconfigured configuration
- Configurable binary inputs/outputs using LHMI or communication interface
- Supports site-selectable Modbus RTU and IEC 60870-5-103 communication protocols