Gerapid is a single pole, high-speed, DC air circuit breaker designed for use in DC traction power substations. The combination of high interruption capacity and current limiting characteristics makes Gerapid a reliable protection solution for high-power DC power distribution systems.
The Gerapid breaker is designed to provide maximum safety of operation, highest ratings coverage, easy maintenance, easy integration in panels and high customization levels. Gerapid is a universal power DC circuit breaker, equally good for use at traction power substations, as well as in most demanding industry and power generation applications.
GERAPID product range
- Rated operational voltage from 800 V up to 3600 V
- Rated currents from 2500 A up to 8000 A
- 22,000 installed units provide strong references for investor decision making
- Embedded control cards provide savings on panel & makes installation easier
- Reduced preventive maintenance time
- Compatible replacement for other circuit breakers on the market
- Access to ABB service network and trainings programs
- Same footprint and outlook for up to 8000 A
- Sustain performance and reliability over lifetime due to latching technology
- Enclosed construction that significantly limits risk of flashover failure
- Functional modular design requires no adjustments during lifetime
- RoHS compliance