ABB Ability™ Condition Monitoring for switchgear - SWICOM
Reliable asset condition monitoring to reduce operations and maintenance costs.
SWICOM is a monitoring and diagnostic unit which provides mechanical and electrical health status of a fleet lineup. It acquires data communicating with IEC 61850 based protection relays and via sensor bus of additional e.g temperature sensors, and converts the data to diagnostic information.
- SWICOM monitors breaker drive, temperatures in critical points on primary circuit and partial discharge using an indicator
- Any existing panel can be completely modernized regardless of the age, design and brand, becoming ABB digital compliant.
- Quick and easy implementation into a truly digital switchgear also when the panel designs are not set for the application.
- SWICOM is a core enabler to increase flexibility, efficiency, safety, productivity and reliability
- One unit covers information from whole switchgear lineup.
- SWICOM can be installed on ABB and non-ABB medium voltage switchgear.
- Asset management ensured with real time data of the circuit breakers and switchgear.
- Asset condition visible by using touch HMI and a mobile app for smart devices.
- SCADA connection through Ethernet TCP/IP possible.
- Connect SWICOM to MyRemoteCare cloud based dashboard to remotely view asset health status.