An electric arc can occur for several reasons, such as human error, animal intrusion, component failure or bad connections. Accidents are quite unusual but when they happen, their consequences may be very severe. Operators are always exposed to these risks when working in the switchgear room. Flames, ejected parts, smoke and overpressure are the main effects of an arc fault in a non-arc classified switchgear. When the fault happens in an arc-classified switchgear not equipped with a proper exhaust gas duct, smoke is released in the room.
ArcSwitch remote circuit breaker operation provides a safe operating environment for personnel through the proven method of adding distance between the operator and arc flash incident energy at the switchgear site.
Putting the protection of your people first is a smart choice. Because safety is not a cost, it is an investment.
- Increased personnel safety thanks to the operator’s distance from the circuit breaker during switching operations
- Connect, arm and switch at a safe distance, any circuit breaker, Low Voltage or Medium Voltage
- Switch any control voltages
- Easy connection of the ArcSwitch meter to the switchgear door mounted panel unit
- Easy storage in the switchroom in a rugged portable case
- Optimized investment using a single portable control device for the whole line up
- CE and Eurofins MET marked in compliance EU, US and Canadian safety requirements