Advance is ABB’s ANSI platform for 5, 15 and 27 kV rated metal-clad switchgear featuring a narrow footprint and designed and tested according to IEEE C37.20.2. Featuring galvanized steel construction, hem bending techniques, and Delrin arc-quenching contacts, Advance is designed with safety, reliability, and durability in mind.
- Utilizes ADVAC spring charge mechanism breaker or AMVAC magnetically actuated breaker, which have the lowest total cost of ownership due to extremely low maintenance requirements and are the easiest breakers to maintain in the industry
- Enhanced safety for personnel and equipment
- Design allows for flexibility in configurations
- Meets/exceeds the requirements of ANSI C37.20.2
- Seismically tested to IBC Region D, Ip1.5
- Enclosures meeting the outdoor requirements of ANSI C37.20.2 are available in either walk-in (sheltered aisle), or non-walk-in configurations
- Forced air cooling available for 4,000 A applications up to 15 kV